Sunday, January 1, 2012

avast free antivirus reviewWhat's BEST...disable vs uninstall Norton Internet Security while downloading(and using) Avast Free Antivirus?

I'd like to try the free Antivirus by Avast mainly because I've read so many good reviews about it. I have Norton Internet Security installed currently in my PC. I've read that 2 antivirus programs are bound to conflict w/ each other. Should I uninstall completely my Norton or can I just temporarily disable it while I download the free Avast?
DUDE!

Uninstall that POS!

I have been a fan of Norton/Symantec since 1996. I followed blindly until 2004 when I finally had enough of the junk and headaches that followed. I used everything from the single stand alone version all the way up to the Enterprise Edition. Since 1999, not much has changed with their service. They added some bells and whistles, yet it does not keep up with what is happening. And they continue to charge more and more. I haven't figured that out yet.

Avast is a great product at a great price (FREE) for home use.

TAKE IT ALL OFF!

Tom
Just wanted to add. Software reviews are often paid for by the software companies themselves. There is little unbias opinions out there.
Tom

avast free antivirus review
run norton till you download avast.then disconnect from net disable or uninstall norton,iwould uninstallmyself.then install avastonce installed and running reconnect to net and up date.i use avast my syself and find it better than norton.dont try to run both as they will conflict with each other.
If you still have the disk (norton)then go to symantic website for the removal tool then try avast if you decide that you do not like it then uninstall and reinstall norton,my prefefance would be to stay with norton
I did this for a friend and Norton released all it's stored viruses, but a quick system restore and disabled Norton, downloaded Avast (I've used it on my P.C. for four years with no problems) ran Avast uninstalled Norton and Avast neatly cleaned up the mess.
then you have to uninstall norton or they will end up in a fight
disable it while you use avg. cant run two anti virus at same time but can run more than one spywar at same time . dont shut down your norton till after you download avg. other wise you will be on the net wide open.after you have it saved to your pc then can shut norton dowavast free antivirus reviewn. also i recomend this free tool it plays well with all anti virus. good luck.
UN-INSTALL
The solution is easy! Avast and Norton do not play nice together!

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool from the Norton / Symantic website.

I have Norton Internet Security bundled with my BT Yahoo broadband package, and I also have the free A-squared anti-virus programme (even had AVG until recently). I've had no problems updating and running either programme, though I wouldn't run both at the same time - slows computer down to a crawl while scanning. So try it and see. Or, rather than uninstalling, disable Norton while trying Avast.
Remember to set a restore point before you do any alterations.
As My Brainhurt has warned: clean out any quarantined nasties first.
ok if ur testing the new antivirus disable will be ok but not best option ideally u need to uninstall it and yeah both of them will fight and ur pc will be sooooo slow its not advisable ok in short
uninstall cos u cant get worse than norton
all the best for 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment