Tuesday, January 10, 2012

softonicWill softonic downloads give my computer a virus?

I want to download something from softonic downloads, but I know that downloads can sometimes give computers viruses. Will downloading something from softonic downloads likely harm my computer?
Well if you have a software such as AVG or Crystal AV, you will be MORE protected, however as new viruses get made each day you can never be sure your safe. Personally I never download things fro them sort of sites, only from royalty free, original sites. This ensures maximum protection.

If you are on the AVG website for instance and one of the mirrors lead you to a site like softonic you should be fine, however %85 of softonicthe time you download something off a site like that it WILL include a form of spyware.

Basically what im trying to say is. Dont download anything unless you are %100 positive it has no virus. If you arent sure, google what you are looking for and include the words "softonic" and "virus", if anything comes up, you cant guarantee what you are about to download is virus free.

A good thing about AVG is that it tells you if anything on a certain site is dangerous, for when you google it, it will have a tick next to it, which means its safe, or a "!" or "!!" or even "!!!" whicsoftonich shows it isnt safe.

These are the only ways to be reassured what you are doing is safe.

I hope I helped and I hope you make the right choice..

kindest regards, James
Softonic is a safe site. It is marked as safe by McAffee and Symantec. None of the downloads on Softonic contain viruses or spyware: this is checked very thoroughly as part of the review process.


YES!!! I downloaded what was supposed to be a free winzip program and now I am all virused up!!


Most of them will, TRUST ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment