Monday, January 9, 2012

trade showWhat exactly is a Trade show and what type of vendors participate?

Im new to all this business thing and to be honest I dont know where to start! I have a product line Id like to get going (gift/home decor type products marketed towards women) and I have all these ideas and designs that Ive done for the products, but I don't know whats the next step? my ideal destiny for my "brand" would be for them to be sold at retail stores nationwide(gift shops/dept stores/etc). Anyways, I heard about setting up a booth at a trade show, but what exactly is a trade show? Would I have to have these products already manufactured? Would the attendees want to place orders right then and there? Or would they only get information for future reference? I only have these ideas and concept designs, I would need to have someone make them professionally, I would assume I would at least have to have a sample product? Well any information would help, thatrade shownks to all!
every trade show has a theme, can be construction, about home decors, or paper products , cars, concept cars etc. but for your product line, mostly you should be ready to manufacture, and those displayed should be what it should really be. you have to be ready with lots of collaterals and brochures, name cards, have a knowledgeable stafff to answer queries, a legit business, and a permanent contact address.

most attendees would get your brochures for future reference, and some will place orders on the spot.
What a great question! I live on the trade show floor as a presenter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnhz1vY_t3s&feature=related I would suggest typing in your type of industry followed by the word: trade show and you will find producers hosting in your arena. Go to a show locally. T.


Here is antrade show example of a Trade Show. I used to be an Executive Officer for a Home Builder's Association and we would have a yearly "Home Show". I would sell booths/spaces to various businesses that service residential homes like: decks, flooring, lightening, plumbing, anything that dealt with a house or even landscaping around the house. I have seen trade shows in which the target audience were working women. So you would invite businesses that have a lot of women customers. Hope this helps you.
Attend a trade show first before you set up your own booth. You need to see what others are doing.

I have one trade show listed below. They have an FAQ page. You can also e-mail them.

You can also search for other tradeshows. Just type in "home tradeshow" "houseware tradeshow" etc. in a search engine, like yahoo.com...

No comments:

Post a Comment